Downloadable PDF file.
Makaton line drawings of signs of specialised medical vocabulary about equipment, lifting, procedures, feeding, conditions, and buildings.
"I got this resource to help me in a SEN school: a lot of children I work with have medical issues etc and I need to let them know what is happening. Great resource and just what I needed! It would be great for health centres, hospitals and care facilities." Emily S
We recommend that this resource is used with the Core Vocabulary resources.
It includes the following vocabulary:
- Equipment: bandage, inflatable splint, inhaler, oxygen, Swedish nose
- Lifting: hoist, sling
- Procedures: blood pressure check, blood pressure reading, blood test, check, cochlear implant, CT scan, ECG, EEG, MRI scan, tracheostomy suction, tracheostomy, ultrasound scan, X-ray
- Feeding: PEG feed, nasal feed
- Conditions: cancer, diabetes, germs
- Buildings: clinic (building), clinic (room), hospital
And a finger spelling chart.